Monday, April 20, 2015

Nueva Vizcaya: Sta.Fe

 

Nueva Vizcaya is one of the province in Cagayan Valley, I visited this province after my short tour in Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija. I decided to visit one of its own simple yet majestic falls located in brgy.Imugan in the Imugan Mountain. I took a bus from Cabanatuan to Sta.Fe it took me about 3 hours to arrive in the Municipality of Sta. Fe, from there I took a jeepney bound to brgy. Imugan, there are only 2 trips per day one in the early morning and one in  noon same thing if you go back to Sta. Fe municipal hall from brgy. Imugan. the road going up to brgy. Imugan was almost paved and the view was amazing that was the first time I experience topload and it was really great.

 
The jeep bound to brgy. Imugan is located in front of sta. Fe, Municipal Hall



My first time Topload experience

Brgy. Imugan

Upon arriving in Brgy. Imugan, I immediately went to brgy Hall just infront of where the jeepney last stopped. I spoke with brgy. captain who directed me to a small house for my inquiry in Imugan. I went to that small house and the old woman there upon knowing that I was alone, she only gave me instruction on how to get to sir Harold Rice, an american citizen who decided to stay in the mountain of Imugan and owns the recreation center for agriculture and serves as small inn for traveler for 150 per night .
A banner from the blog Ironwulf En Route

the recreation center is located five minutes away from the barangay hall. the road wre roughs so prepare a good pair of shoes on your hike to Imugan Falls. I crossed a steeled bridge that connects the road going to Imugan falls and the recreation center of sir Harold Rice. I visited him and we had a short conversation, I showed my interes in visiting the falls, he allowed me to left my bag before I go to the falls and even offer me food to eat. It was a nice experience to accomodate by a foreigner they prepared me potato fries while waiting for other food to be served, after a few moments we took lunch together, Maling and a fresh fish.





 
My snacks while waiting for our lunch to be served by sir Hrold's wife.

they have fishpond, they have beautiful garden filled with flowers and vegetable, all you could hear was the water flowing in the river beside their house and all you can feel is the cold air from Imugan mountain. it was a very relaxing place. Nextime, I will stay longer here reading books, cooking fresh foods and just spend all day sleeping.

Brgy. Imugan is almost an hour ride from the municipality of Sta. Fe. the people were laid back, transportation are rarely available, they have one of the kindest people I ever met.

I decided to start my hike after my great lunch with them, I walked for 30 minutes before I reach the Imugan Falls, I was alone, I was even afraid that the fairytale might be real, I was afraid to see a dwarf, a fairy or even a monster, it was a different kind of experience to hike alone. after walking for few moments, my stomach turned bad, there were no signs yet of any restroom to use. I could not take it anymore , I ended up eliminating all toxins inside my body in the middle of the mountain, bad thing. I forgot my water to use for washing, I had only one option....goodbye gatorade. looks like a negative thing happened to me but it acted as a sign or a mark to avoid being lost when I get back.



The water was strong enough to move my body there was a moment where I looked after my missing slipper, fortunately I found it. but it took most of my energy but that was fine, I knew for sure that my body will generate once I swim into the falls.


The majestic Falls of Imugan
I indulged myself to the cold water of the falls. I was expecting some other worldy being to visit me because that place was really look like an enchanted paradise filled with fairies, I could also see some strange insects flying while I was there. anyway, there was a small cottage just near the falls where you can leave your things. I brought my camera near the falls and put it on top of the big rock to take a picture of myself, I stayed in the falls for a short time  because honestly I felt that someone was looking at me because I was the only person that time. I considered myself lucky and owned the falls alone. I even saw the toxins I eliminated on my way here, proof that I was in the right direction.



My signature pose







 
 I walk back for 30 minutes and change my clothes in Sir Harolds house, I fixed my things and thanked them for welcoming me. in exchange I gave them small amount for their kindness. they wanted me to stay for a night but I had some things needed to be done. I bid farewell and immediately leave the garden and go to the jeepney terminal I forgot that the jeepney always leave at 2 in the afternoon it was 2:15, sadly, I did not catch the jeep and I could not stay longer in Imugan.
 
 I decided to walk, I knew it would take 3 hours before I reach the National hi-way to catch a bus bound to Manila but I had no option, sir Harold advise me before I left them that If I would not catch the jeepney I can just stay with the recreation center for a night. 
 
I had already been walking  for an hour when a van from the top of Imugan passed by, I took the opportunity to hitch-hike they allowed me to stay on the back since the van has an open back. I thanked God for sending this van or else I still need to walk for so long. I did not even see the face of the driver they just stop me in the national hi-way and let me get off the van. that was another first time in my life. whoever it was I will always thank him in my life.




I took the chance to visit one of the famous attraction in the boundary of Nueva Vizcaya and Nueva Ecija, the Dalton Pass also called Balete Pass, a historical landmark where the battle between american and japanese took place. it is located 30 minutes away from Sta. Fe Municipal Hall, I took a trike going to the top of the Dalton pass that cost me 60 pesos. I stayed for a moment to take picture but the thick fog really gave me a hardtime to do so I left the place and decided to stay to the junction to wait for the bus bound to Manila.

unfortunately, I had to wait for 2 hours before a bus bound to manila  passed and let me in,not without the help of some police officer who stopped the bus so I can get in since all the previous ones did not stop for me.. after about 5 hours I arrive in Manila, safe and sound.

meet sir Harold Rice ( unfortunately I did not have a picture of his wife) who made the tour possible.





How to get to Imugan.

Ride a bus bound to Solano, Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela or Cagayan Valley and drop off to Sta. Fe, the first Municipality in Nueava Vizcaya after Nueva Ecija, from Nueva Ecija go to national hi-way and wait for the bus bound to solano, Nueva Vizcaya or Cagayan Valley. from Cagayan Valley, ride a bus bound to Manila and get off in the last munipality in Nueva Vizcaya before Nueva Ecija. travel time usually takes 4 to 4 hours, cost around 300.




Thank you for reading.


 

5 comments:

  1. Ang ganda pala ng Imugan Falls sa Sta. Fe, Nueva Vizcaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your so brave travelling alone. Hats off to you, thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much do you pay fare from cabanatuan to Dalton Pass Sta. Fe Nueva Vizcaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great adventure! Thank's for sharing...

    ReplyDelete