Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Isabela: Cauayan and Santiago City.





 Isabela, the second largest province of the Philippines, located in the northern part and home of the
famous Pancit Cabagan. my trip to Isabela is a part of my 5 provinces trip in the northern part of the Philippines including Isabela, Quirino, Cagayan Valley, Apayao and Kalinga. I depart Manila early morning and arrive in the Cauayan Airport an hour later, from the airport, I took a tricycle that cost me 50 pesos to the famous church of Our lady of Pilar. I had a short trip in the Cauayan City I just visited e church and took some pictures around.


tricycles are everywhere
 
the infamous church of Our Lady of Pilar

The church interior


 




Robinsons place Santiago
 
after my short visit in Cauayan City, I took a tricycle going to the Hi-way where FX or Bus pass bound to Santiago City. I chose to ride a van going to Santiago City and it cost me 60 pesos for an hour ride. as what I saw in the province inside the van, Isabela is a plain, hot province that has a vast production of agricultural products like corn and rice but surrounded with mountains.
 
I dropped off in the van terminal bound to Maddela which I have separate blog and the following pictures taken after my short visit in Maddela in the province of Quirino. 
Feli-Citas one of the famous restaurant that serves Pancit Cabagan
It was already late that I arrive in Santiago from Madella. I immediately look for something to eat and the first thing that came to my mind is to try their own delicacy, I had been craving to their  pancit Cabagan since I was in Manila, I went to Feli-Citas located just in front of national Hi-way near Robinsons Place Santiago I took a tricycle going there that cost me 10 pesos. they were closing the resto already but I begged them to serve me food since I was hungry and I came too far just to try their food and my acting effort really worked out! they let me in and served the Pancit Cabagan a moment later some people came in as well and they let them in as well we had a great dinner together.






 
the delicious yummy Pancit Cabagan the pride of Isabela province.
 after I tried their delicacies and took some pictures around, I went to bus terminal that will wait for the bus that bring me to Tuguegarao in the province of Cagayan Valley it took me 2 hours of waiting before the bus arrive from Manila to pick-up passengers in Santiago Terminal. I enjoyed my short visit in Isabela I was not able to go to some of its famous attraction due to time constraint anyway it only gave me  a reason to come back.

 
How to get there:
There are many ways to get to Isabela province either by land or plane. you can take a bus from Cubao that usually take about 10 hours bound to Isabela or Cagayan and drop off in different places in Isabela or you can go there by plane via Cebupacific from Manila to Cauayan where their aiport is located.
 
 
 
 Thank you for reading. Godbless
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment