Monday, September 22, 2014

Abra: Bangued

I apologize that I have offended some people of Abra, a province I recently visited and have come to love. And so I am re-writing the article and hope that my readers will appreciate this beautiful province which has been previously maligned by some media. I am a living witness to the good character of its people. Here goes my article on Abra.

We left vigan by bus bound to Abra, it took us almost 2 hours to arrive and cost us 80 pesos each, the bus conductor will get the payment and they wont usually give a ticket to passengers unlike in manila.

 while on our way to Abra, I performed magic tricks to some passenger to kill time but I failed to collect donations from the passenger but they were amazed and awaked for the whole trip. I was delighted to the great views of mountains on our way to Abra.

Bangued, Abra

welcome sign to Abra


tunnel lead to the landlocked province of Abra



Upon arriving in Bangued bus terminal and burned most of my calories that day, I honestly wanted to look for a place to eat but my friends were really excited to tour the city, anyway, we decided to look for a tricycle that brought us to the top of victoria park and  which happened to be infront of bus terminal and it cost us 100 to victoria park, Abra cathedral, Abra Provincial Capitol and Bangued Plaza. however, you can walk going to the top of Victoria Park and it will only take you 15 minutes to arrive it just happened that we had limited time and we need to stay in this province a short period of time.

We enjoyed taking picture with each other and seeing the great view of Bangued from the top.
stores around Bangued the capital city of Abra 

victoria park located near the Bus Terminal bound to Vigan
Abra from the Top with majestic view of Sleeping Beauty Mountain

Mama Mary Statue 

wonderful city of Abra surrounded by high mountains

There is an ampitheater like place situated on the other part of victoria park.
with my signature pose
Its great place to take pictures.
We met on oldman with his cow resting on top of Victoria Park he is a native from Batanes, He was talking about his province and really proud of it, he even invited us to visit Batanes and see for ourselves the beauty of his province. He boasted that even they are going to be under a storm for a month or two their supply of foods will be enough for the entire resident of Batanes because they are bless with natural resources such a nice resident of a great paradise but this is not a time for Batanes since my budget is not enough to visit their province because it is expensive, more expensive than some tickets abroad I really wonder what I can see on their province maybe there is a great pyramid out there or a great wall like in china.
One of the best thing in travel is to exchange stories with a stranger
Next stop was Bangued Provincial Capitol located just infront of bangued church. It was really quiet way different from those I visited in the past. I assume that abrenos are not used to the tourist like us or they were just irrirated with my friends who took selfie every minute or two.
St James The Elder Cathedral or Bangued Cathedral Church 
                                                                 

Bangued Sports Complex( just to assume)
Welcome to Abra Provincial Capitol( I love her Keds shoes)
We walked through the city for an hour and we felt really hungry I could even hear my intestines begging for food already so we looked for a place to rest and eat, upon reading some blogs about abra, I found out that they have their own proud delicacy, the Miki, I wont leave Abra without trying it. Abra is famous for their own way of preparing Miki a secret that I failed to know. we hop in a trike looking for the best miki in town, we paid 50 and it took us 15mins to arrive.
hungry folks desperately looking for a place to eat.
This is where the trike drop us in, Putar Panciteria and Sinanglawan
PUTAR PANCITERIA AND SINANGLAWAN
conversation with the owner
The staff were really friendly and accomodating, I got a chance to have a conversation with the owner who defend the image of Abra from outsideworld, they said that Abra is really dangerous place in an election period but they are still trying their best to replace that. the owner even invited us next morning to see the process of making their best Miki unfortunately, we had to leave that afternoon so we wait no more we order Miki for each of us as far as I remember it cost approximately 50 pesos.

trust me, It is very delicious!, unfortunately, you cannot easily find one in Manila
showcasing my magic skills 
I was so nervous performing my magic(someone is taking a picture of my Magic what does it mean?)
We took a picture together after my jaw-dropping magic show(hehe its my blog), It changed my bad perception to the province of Abra. It is a province to appreciate not to judge, they did not hurt us or took advantage of us they only showed interest and did they best to make us comfortable on their province. Abrenos are one of the kindests I have met so far they left a great impression on my experience in Abra, as a traveler I can say abra can be a tourist attraction province in the near future if we eliminate those negative thoughts about the province. It is a safe place to stay, I know because I've been there.

Next stop, souvenir shop in Bangued, I was really amaze that Abra has a place for souvenir, it only shows that tourism is growing in the province. we bought some keychains and other souvenirs.
then  we quickly went to bus terminal bound to Vigan.



How to get to Abra:
Take a bus from Manila bound to Abra, terminal is located in Aurora Blvd. Quezon City, travel time 8-10 hours, fare around 800
from Vigan take a bus bound to Abra, ask tricycle drivers to bring you to the terminal fare around 90 pesos travel time is 2 hours.

How to tour Abra:
Tricycle tour, ask any tricycle to bring you to Victoria Park, St. James the Elder Cathedral, Bangued Provincial Plaza, Abra Provincial Capitol and Putar panciteria and Sininglawan, it will cost you around 150 pesos.

There are available jeepneys and tricycles that will bring you to other part of Abra.

Tips before going to abra:
-bring water and snack if you are coming from Vigan, since buses usually non-airconditioned type and it is smaller than what we have in manila
-be friendly



Thank you for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. hey. i'm from Abra. i don't mean to be rude, but a lot of the things you "jokingly" said are insulting. poison? bandits? valley of the shadow of death? not funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Abra, and I'm not amused on what you just wrote. It's true that our province is a scary place, but you don't have to rub salt into the wound, even if you're doing it in a "jokingly" manner. This is too much. I've read other bloggers' articles about Abra. I even read about a blogger who just saw a crime scene (or at least just heard a gunshot as far as I can remember), but they never wrote their articles as insulting as yours.

    Did you know? Your article is starting to spread like wildfire already, and the Abrenian people who are in Facebook are not happy. You might want to prepare your public apology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do apologize for the people who got offended on my previous article about Abra. I hope you appreciate this revised one. Thank you

    ReplyDelete