Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nueva Ecija: Cabanatuan




Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija

I was supposed to visit Minalungao National Park in Gapan Nueva Ecija with my friend but typhoon Luis hindered us to do so. My friend backed out but I decided to continue my journey to Nueva Ecija and Vizcaya not in Gapan but in its famous city of Cabanatuan.

Before my trip to Nueva Ecija I consulted my friend Mr.google and read different blogs to find attraction in Cabanatuan but I didn't find anything other than Gen. Luna death place and its statue.
Cabanatuan is a tricycle capital of the Philippines, you can find tricycles everywhere within the city jeepneys are rarely to be seen but you can still find them in the National Highway. Prepare yourself to be treated like a celebrity because all the tricycle drivers will ask for your attention even you say "No!" one hundred times they will keep coming to you.
Cabanatuan Central Bus Terminal
I was not aware that Nueava Ecija was under signal number 2. happy trip
 
 Ths is the Cabanatuan central terminal station, the last stop of the bus coming from manila. tricycles are parked that will bring you to different parts of Cabanatuan. you can find different transportation going to different places like Baguio and Baler.
Tricycles are eveyrwhere
 My first stop was cabanatuan city hall, the fare was 40 but I asked the driver to bring me to different places like Cabanatuan City Hall, Old Provincial Capitol(because the Nueva ecija's capitol building is now located in Palayan as its new capital), Cabanatuan Cathedral, General Luna statue, Cabanatuan Plaza and to the highway where buses bound to Nueva Vizcaya pass.


I want to elaborate the electrical cable not the building. thank you



    There is nothing much to see on this place than the local buildings and Jose rizal statue.
Oh! Rizal why you are following me wherever I go.



 Next is this kalibo palace, I re-checked my bus ticket to make sure I bought one bound to Cabanatuan City not to Cairo Egypt but I verified I was in Cabanatuan. good! I noticed this place along the way going to cathedral I asked Kuya Wilson(my tricycle driver) to stop so I can take a picture to this unfamiliar place where I later to be found as a reception hall.
Khaliblu Palace


 we continued our trip until we reached the Gen. Luna statue and deathplace just infront of Cabanatuan church. Luna is one of the Filipino heroes who fought against Spaniards for freedom. He was assasinated in the afternoon of June 1899 by Emilio Aguinaldo presidential guard.
Gen. Luna Statue infront of Cabanatuan Church

Gen. Luna Statue








 
I asked Kuya Francis about the cheap and best place to eat he brought me to the tapsilog Avenue(maybe his relative or friends owned it). We odered tocino and longanisa and it cost me 120 pesos so cheap for delicious food.







our way to Old Provincial Building

 Lastly we, went to Old Provincial Capitol Building. I asked friendly kuya wilson to take some picture of me with the building.
Nueva Ecija Old Provincial Building



 We went back to the highway to hail a bus bound to Nueva Vizcaya I waited for an hour before I got a bus.

Nueva Ecija has really lot to offer for those backpackers and travelers it just happened that the Province was under storm signal no. 2 and I for that reason I was not able to visit other attractions in this province. I always believe there is always a magnificent things on every province because I believe Philippines  is a beautiful country. Thank you (sounds like Ms. Universe contestant right) anyway, Thanks for reading.

How to get there:
go to bus terminal located in ES Transport it takes 2 to 3 hous
fare around 200
tricycles are eveyrwhere they can bring you anywhere in the city.
there are also buses from Dau, Balanga bound to Cabanatuan.
You can hire a jet and spend thousand of bucks to bring you to Cabanatuan.


Thank you for reading

3 comments:

  1. Nakalibot ka na pala sa Cabanatuan sir. You should have visited Gapan, magaganda ang mga lumang bahay pati ang malaking simbahan. Try Penaranda too... I am currently based here... :)

    And thanks for visiting my blog. There are many other Isabela articles there, I hope you have also read them. See you on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sir :) ngayon ko lang po nakita itong comment niyo, ngayon ko lang din binuksan itong blog ko ulit for update anyway. Thank you sa suggestion I had a good time sa Isabela , you can check some of my articles..your articles about Isabela were my basis on how to visit the province.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. welcome to cabanatuan alexander.cruz080178@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete