Monday, September 29, 2014

Tarlac: Gerona

 
 


Gerona, Tarlac
 
We visited Palaisdaan in the municipality of Gerona in the province of Tarlac in our stop over going to Baguio, we were in a private car so I dont have any idea how to get to that place and the travel time for commute but I'll search on that and post it here.
 
When I hear the province of Tarlac the first thing that comes to my mind is the Hacienda Luisita and the Aquino family. Well, I am not here to write about politics or human rights but Im here to show you how to go to Thailand in a very cheap and easy way. Seriously, this place looks like other country the big statues of buddha feels like you are in Thailand or Malaysia, the scenic place and huge character statue looks like you are in a Western country. I was really amused about this place that I didn't know it was existed. the place are filled with different entertainers from Jugglers, Magicians, Singers, Dancer, Giant Acrobatic and many more just prepare a small amount of tip before you smile and have a picture with these folks.
 
We looked for a comfortable place to stay while ordering our food that took us almost an hour of waiting. we felt no regret since the food was really delicious and they presentably served. Upon serving our orders different entertainers came to our seat to showcase their talent.
 
 
entrance to the Palaisdaan
 
inside the Palaisdaan
Can somebody explain to me what are these creatures?







entertainers are everywhere!
These place is a complete family treat, the  delicious food, picture perfect statues and entertainers? you will ask for no more. We took our lunch and exchange stories together. We enjoyed the food and we ordered Crispy Pata, Ampalaya, Buko Juice and Fried Chicken we contribute 250 each for 4 persons. If you want to try Filipino delicacies just near the Metro with international standard cuisine, you must visit Palaisdaan.

I was hungry that time and waited for almost an hour for the food to be served

I took advantage of the free time to tour the place, there are places where human size statue can be found believe me or not I was able to chat with some politicians locally and internationally :)
President Cory Aquino was there waiting for her own food I believe
I was walking inside the park when these two politiccians asked to take a picture with me.
so many picture perfect opporunity for this place.
more picture perfect with a photo bomber behind me
One thing I love about this place is the quality of their statues, they were really well polished and painted its not like common life size deformed statues that I usually see in the Metro but the ones that they have here is way different. one thing is for sure, you will enjoy your stay here.

ungguy unguyam

cute cats or fox or whatever it is.

big parrot

looks like they have a bad plan for me here.


I was still playing Angry bird that time and to have a picture with these statues make me feel complete.

my signature pose

beautiful fishes :)

who would have thought that I was in the Philippines that time?

Fresh Buko Juice.

Trust me this guy sings well.



going home

I posted pictures on facebook before and many sent me personal messages or commented on my pictures congratulating me for going outside the country, they didnt know I was only in Gerona Tarlac, I didnt have budget to go outside and I humbly explained that I did not even have a passport to travel outside. We only stayed in Isdaan for a short time and we headed to Baguio but the memories I had there are really unforgettable. Once in a persons life even how mature you are, those kid stuff will make your life fully satisfied.

How to get there:
Take NLEX, SCTEX, exit at Tarlac, turn left going to Tarlac City proper and Hacienda Luisita then right on MacArthur Highway.

To commute: ride a bus bound to Baguio and alight at Isdaan in Gerona Tarlac fare around 200 and travel time about 2 hours.


Thank you for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    nike hypervenom

    ReplyDelete