Monday, September 29, 2014

La Union: Damortis and San Fernando

 
Damortis, La Union
 
We had a quik stop over in San Fernando on our way to Ilocos, I had a chance to take some pictures of the typical afternoon in San Fernando Town Plaza, My relatives on my father side live in La Union but I did not have a chance to visit them since my father does not have any idea where do my relatives live on my grandfathers side. I added a lot of people with the same last name lives in Aringay, La Union on facebook but no one was able to help me to locate my missing relatives. however my, grandmother side on my fathers side lives in La union as well due to limited time I was not able to visit them not only they gonna see me for the first time on their life but I have to do a careful research for their address. both of my grandparents on my father side are already in heaven so locating my granpas relatives there is next to impossible. I am hoping that someday to meet them personally.
 
Welcoming us in the City of San Fernando
typical afternoon in the Plaza of San Fernando

peaceful plaza in San fernando

back to our lesson for today, we visited Ma-cho temple and saw it from afar and the battle of san fernando which I later to be found out as a historical marker of how the filipino fought and won over the japanese enabling the establishment of US base in Poro point

Town Plaza in San Fernando La Union

Battle of San Fernando Mark a historical landmark in San Fernando La Union.

I heart SFLU

perfect sharp shot of Ma-cho Temple in San Fernando La Union
I was able to visit Damortis, La Union when we went to Pangasinan to buy dried fish. We took an hour ride in tricycle for 70 pesos from Dagupan to Damortis. I bought some drief fish which I am not familiar on the names and some fish sauces before we went back to manila.
dried fish store in Damortis La Union
 They look delicious, aren't they? this is the famous stop over for those who will going to north or back to Manila because this place is located on the main Hi-way where provincial bus usually pass. I was with my friend who accompany me in my tour in Pangasinan, I know how he felt after sitting on a tricycle for an hour and all we saw were dried fish. unfortunately there were no other places to visit since it was already late at night.
variety of Dried Fish in the famous stop-over going North


Fish Sauces are also available for a cheap price

ceramic store in Damortis, La Union

 
Magic is everywhere

Magic! I always feel good whenever I do magic in a stranger especially if this wil include in my trip.
On this case, I showcased my talent to a dried fish vendor while waiting for the bus going to Manila.. I bought some dried fish from her, anyway I thanked them for entertaining my entertainment and letting me use their bathroom. One hour later a bus bound to Manila arrived we paid around 300 for the bus.
 
 
How to get there: To go to San Fernando, Ride a bus bound to Vigan, travel time 6-7 hours , fare  around 600
To go to Damortis, same bus, travel time around 4-5 hours and fare around 400.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment