Saturday, September 27, 2014

Capiz: Roxas City

 
 
Roxas City, Capiz
My trip to Roxas City, Capiz is a part of my Western Visayas tour that includes Negros Occidental, Guimaras, Iloilo, Antique, Aklan and Capiz. I tour those provinces with the help of my friend JP.
on our way to Roxas City
Capiz? the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word Capiz is the origin of Aswang? it means that every Aswang in every province came from this province located in Panay Island. Nice! Did Aswang book a ticket in a plane to travel? or they didn't have enough budget so they took a RORO instead? Obviously? they used their wings to travel from one place to another, I dont know and I dont have any time to think of it , one thing is for sure. Capiz seafood is the best of all and they are readily availabe in Bay-bay just near the Roxas City, Airport.
Roxas City Central Terminal
Statue of Jesus Christ on our way to Capiz
We went to Roxas City from Boracay Island in Malay, Aklan. We hopped in a van from Malay to Aklan for an hour travel and fare was around 90 pesos and from Aklan to Capiz for 2 hours, fare was around 100 pesos. we arrived in the province of Capiz in the morning and qucikly looked for a trike that brought us to Roxas City airport so we could check -in early before we tour the city and before the Aswang arrived from different provinces.
 We went to Baybay beach after we checked-in in  the airport, we didn't have much time so we decided to try the seafood that is located just infront of the beach and they looked delicous.
 
seafoods!! I need to get my pineapple juice ready


I love it , fresh sefood from Bay-bay
more seafoods



we did not have enough money to pay for the food that we ate so wee need to work for a while.
Seafood Model of the Month.
A seafood called Talaba
Talaba
Seafoods are cheap and you can ask staffs to cook them for you, dont worry they  are friendly and accomodating. 

I bought some pastillas from the old friendly vendor


We were still lucky that time upon checking updates from TV and internet, I found out that our flight from Roxas City to Manila was the only flight in Visayas that did not cancel despite the obvious typhoon.

I was waiting for a plane from Manila that will pick us from the airport
Signature pose! Staying positive despite the heavy rain
seafoood,seafood, seafood

I dont believe in Aswang maybe because I have not seen anything like those in in my whole life except when everytime I look at the mirror I always see a handsome Aswang. anyway, I am not in the position to say that those stories, documentary and tales about Aswang in Capiz were hoax. I visited the province myself and I can say that Capiz is a friendly and safe province to visit. Their seafood is top of the best that I've ever experienced you can see different kind of seafoods that are rarely to be seen in Manila.

I dont recommend anyone to do what we did in this tour, we better stayed in a hotel or inn for a night but we chose to continue our flight back to Manila for three thing, first,  Airline company should have been cancelled the flight if they knew it would not be safe to push it forward, second I trust God with all my heart and soul and lastly I was in the final warning status in our office because of attendance issue. If I did not go to work that evening I would have been terminated already.

How to get to Capiz:
flight from Manila to Roxas city is available daily in Cebu pacific  or you can take Roro from Batangas port to any point in Panay island
from Aklan ride a van bound to Capiz and alight in Roxas City the last stop of Van in Capiz
fare is around 100 and travel time is 2 hours.



Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment