Friday, September 26, 2014

Sorsogon: Pilar

Pilar, Sorsogon
Sorsogon?wheeew!! I was in Camarines Norte when my nephew told me a story about the people in their neighborhood that were brutally kiilled, she told me that the 23 Aswang from Sorsogon has to blame because according to her she received a chain message about the  23 Aswang from Sorsogon went to their province via big boat to find food who usually children or innocent individual. I visited this province and found it UNTRUE because of the hospitality of the people in Sorsogon which I later found to be nice.
 
I went to Masbate before I visit Sorsogon via fastcraft it took me 3 hours in the sea and cost me 380 pesos. There are also buses from Manila bound to Sorsogon travel time usually takes 12 hours and cost around 900.
 
Obsiously Pilar port

A public Market in Pilar, Sorsogon

Ancestral house in Pilar Sorsogon.

Kinunot a Sorsogon Delicacy
 Before I continued my Walkaton city tour in Pilar, Sorsogon I went to a nearby carinderia and eat their delicacy which is Kinunot.
A typical house in Sorsogon. I wonder if the 23 Aswang lives there.

beautiful landscape in a seaport in Pilar, Sorsogon

There was nothing to do much in Pilar than to feel the simplicity of the city. I just took photos of different things around the area.
 
Our Lady of the Pillar Church in Pilar, Sorsogon
 In every province that I visit, I always visit their own Cathedral or Chapel to ask guidance from the above not only to protect me from Aswang but to thank Him that another province has been added to my list and I arrived in particular province safely. I went to Our Lady of the Pillar Church in Sorsogon Where I met my new friends, The Children of Sorsogon.

The Main Gate towards Our Lady of Pillar Church
inside the Our Lady of Pillar Church,

 I went inside the empty church, I prayed for a while before I took some pictures of it, I went at the back of the church where I saw these friendly children who were playing around the church. I asked them to take a picture of me, In exchange, I showcase my magic skills they were really happy and amazed It was a great experience to immerse myself on these children and showed my talent at the same time.
View from the church.


. 


Copra Maker in Pilar, Sorsogon



Pilar Municipal Hall and Tourism Center






dried pusit


homemade Puto.
 

Community in Pilar, Sorsogon
 I finished my tour by sitting in a seaside area where I rested for a while. Pilar in the province of Sorsogon shows the laidback lifestyle in a province and the simplicity of life, located in southernmost part of Luzon, I found no Aswang in the area, I only noticed friendly people in the street who were obviously did not use to talk with a traveler, but they did their best to help. I found no harm in the city, that text message that my nephew talked about was not REAL for so many reason, I found it myself how safe to be in the province of Sorsogon.

How to get there:
-There are buses from Cubao bound to Sorsogon, travel time usually takes 10-12 hours depending on the traffic, it will cost you around 900 pesos
-from Masbate Daily trips to Pilar Port from Masbate Port is available, there are 3 trip daily 4:30am , 8:30am  and 12:30nn it will cost use you 380 pesos or pretend to be a student to get a discount.
-from Legazpi, ride a trike that will bring you to Daraga Van Terminal it will cost you 100 pesos or look for a jeepney that will cost you 8 pesos. travel time from Airport to Daraga 20 minutes, from the terminal ride a van bound to Pilar it will cost you 80 pesos, travel time is 50 minutes.

Thank you for reading :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment